Featured Favorites


Sign in or click to start typing!

Color Combo Challenge #68

(04/21-04/27)


Please welcome our Guest Designer this week, Nicole Harper!

Hey everyone out there!! Nicole Harper here, checking in as the Guest Designer for the week. (thanks to Janet for thinking of me...and the rest of the team for working with these ‘what was she thinking?!’ colors, lol)

I have been obsessed with paper and glue since elementary school...my heart would race every August when the new school supplies would come out. So I suppose my start in this hobby came as an ‘adult’ way to satisfy my creative urges, while still getting to play with paper and glue. (lol)

I most often scrap about my family...more specifically, my daughter Allison. She is a huge part of why I enjoy this so much...whenever I catch her paging through my scrapbooks, poring over every word and asking questions about whatever she finds in them, my heart soars. She and my husband Mike are my constant reminder that nothing is more important than family, time is fleeting and that laughter really can be the best medicine.

As far as my ‘style’, I don’t know that there is a name for it yet, lol. I guess I would say that I’m ‘clean’, but not ‘simple’. I don’t buy into the whole acid-free thing, and I believe that without journaling, all you have when you finish a page is a really pretty way to display a photo. I love to use ledger and graph paper, paint, alphabet stickers, patterned paper and a vintage element here and there on my pages. I shoot straight from the cuff and wear my heart on my sleeve...and my journaling pretty much reflects that. I guess in the end, my style is just simply ‘me’.

Hope everyone has fun with this color combo...it just really makes me smile.!!



Thank you so much Nicole! What a thrill (and such fun) it was to work with you this week!!


Now let's play!!
Can't wait to see what you create with these colors!

Color Combo #68seal brown - (pale) mustard - celadon - pumpkin



Now for some inspiration!
My GOODNESS!! These girls ROCKED this challenge!!!

(Click on the layouts for a larger image)
(Click on the names for a link to their layouts)


Nicole's page

Janet's page

Debbi's page

Amanda's page

Lilly's page

Suzanne's page

Janelle's page

Don't forget to link your layouts!
THE PLAYERS GALLERY


29 comments:

  1. Great Challenge and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat colors! I am having trouble with the celadon! I have looked everywhere for an example of the color. Mine is actually a little greener, but I googled the color and there is a wide range to it. Hope mine is acceptable! (haven't done the LO yet...just gathering the supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My natural instinct is to do every LO blue and brown. Thank goodness for this challenge - Thanks Janet!!
    I'm afraid I've used more of a gray than brown. Here's mine for this week: PAPARAZZI

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! the perfect excuse to scrap hubby, his outfit matched!!!

    You Are


    Thanks for your help, I think I got it!!!! (linking)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great layout Nicole! I really like the color combo. I may have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color combo! This will be my first one and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. here is mine!

    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=90465&user_id=1709

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pages again, everyone!! My colours are a little darker hues this time.

    Have a good one, all!!

    I Spy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layouts everyone! Here is mine:

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?set=recent&gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=1333655

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these colors. here's a link to mine: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1333656

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoyed this week, i had trouble matching the celadon, but i think i got there in the end and my pale mustard isn't as pale as i'd like.i would have never put these colours together but they really work, i suppose thatsthe beauty of this blog :). can't wait for the next one x

    michelle w x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this challenge, and everyone's work is stunning!! Here is my link http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?set=recent&gallery=1&cmd=display&layout_id=1333722

    tfl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic layouts so far!!

    they are great, keep 'em coming!

    we are sure in for a challenge to choose just one winner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not quite sure how to link to here but here's my take on the colors- the border is also the dark brown. The flowers are stitched- the scan is blurry- it always seems to happen when I have the shimmer ribbon on it.
    Thanks for looking.
    Janet
    Two Peas link:
    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1333844

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI!
    Here is my layout for this week:

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1333892

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops!
    I posted that link incorrectly! Here it is again:

    This Face

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved it so much I attempted another.

    So you want to be a super hero?

    I love all of the LO's posted here! you ladies are rocking it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. didn't put a link in before
    hereis mine
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll252/chichiwot/DSCF1589.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these colors...this is my first color combo challenge and I am hooked! Here is my LO for this week http://www.thescrapbooksite.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19517&limit=recent

    It looks a little crooked because I had to take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi everyone! Here's my layout with this week's colors.

    My 29th Birthday

    Thanks for looking and have a great day!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is the older one i did a while back but i will post the one i just did later tonight

    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=63447&user_id=592

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this color combo, here is my lhttp://3littlescraps.blogspot.com/2008/04/challenge-blogs_25.htmlayout.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Michelle, sorry, your link doesn't work.

    ryreagmom, I am not registered at that site, so I cannot view or add the photo to the slide. You can right click on your image, go to Properties, then select the URL address, copy and paste it here.

    Greta, thanx for sharing!

    CCG

    ReplyDelete
  24. i'm giving it one last go fingers crossed

    [IMG]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll252/chichiwot/DSCF1589.jpg[/IMG]

    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Janet,

    I followed your instructions and hope I got this to work. My LO is now in my 2peas gallery.

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1334767

    Let me know if this doesn't work. I am hooked on your challenges now so I hope I can figure out this "techy stuff" so I can continue to participate.

    Thanks,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am loving your challenges...seriously!
    Second week in a row...WOO-HOO! ;)

    Project Runway

    TFL!!!!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Loved these colours! Here's my layout:

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1334774

    Thanks so much for the challenge!

    Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW!!! What a fantasti color combo and LO week!!!

    And Jenn it worked :)

    Happy Sunday and see you all tomorrow!!! (I hope:))


    /Lillyrose

    ReplyDelete
  29. here is mine..i am skidding in by the skin of my pants ;)

    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=91734&gallery_type=main

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us this week! We love to read your comments about this Reveal!