Featured Favorites


Sign in or click to start typing!

Color Combo Challenge #72

(05/19-05/25)

Please welcome our Guest Designer this week, Molly Peckham!

First off, I just want to extend a HUGE thank you to Janet, and all the girls here, for allowing me to be the guest designer this week! :D I had so much fun playing! :D

I am a SAHM of two wonderful boys, Brendan, who is 6, and Alexander, who is 4, and our spitfire of a daughter, Caitlynn, who is 1. I am married to a wonderful and very supportive husband, Paul, who is in the Navy. We have been for married 8 years on March 17th. Currently we are living in Hawaii (yeah, I tend to not believe it, either, especially since I am soooo use to cold weather).

I have been scrapping for 7 years, and love every minute of it! I love creating these pages for my family and love to see their reactions when I do a page for them. But what I love most about this hobby has been the people that I have met and the feeling that I get when I have finished a layout.

I have been published in PaperKuts, Scrapbook Trends, NanC and Company, Scrapbook Answers, and Cantana Books, as well as being on the design teams for Work In Progress, Simply Cardstock and Everlasting Keepsakes. I also am very lucky to be able to work with Janelle Richmond on her sketch blog, Sketch This, and have also been asked to work with Patti Hutchinson, and her sketches, called Phutch Sketches. Can you tell I am a bit obsessed with sketches .

Besides that, I am also a photographer, and have recently opened up my business on the island of Oahu (very scary for me, but I am ready!). To say I have been busy is a bit of an understatement...lol!

Again, I just can't thank Janet enough! :D I hope that everyone likes this weeks colors. :)


Thank you so much, Molly! Your layouts are always ROCKIN'!

Get a closer look at Molly at her blog!


Now let's play!!
Can't wait to see what you create with these colors!

Color Combo #72navajo turquoise - clove brown - cosmic latte - fever pink



Now for some inspiration!
Check out these fabulous pages from our designers!!!

(Click on the layouts for a larger image)
(Click on the names for a link to their layouts)


Molly's page

Janet's page

Lilly's page

Debbi's page

Suzanne's page

Amanda's page

Janelle's page

Don't forget to link your layouts!
THE PLAYERS GALLERY

22 comments:

  1. Ooooo! Loving all this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this CB through SIStv and have a quick question:

    Do the colors of my LO have to be exactly those of the challenge? I mean, are those specific product color names or can I hold a piece of paper up to my computer screen to compare and use it if it looks the same but has a different name?

    I love this challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Believe in Magic and welcome to the challenge!

    I started naming the colors because I would be asked is that a fuschia or magenta? Heck, I don't know the difference! So I started using Wikipedia and if I don't find a close match there, then I will use myperfectcolor.com. Maybe I should use Bazzill colors instead?

    Yes, holding it up will work. You can also print out the swatch, or even use your photographic memory, LOL! Whatever, but do use those specific shades and even if the colors are "not in your comfort zone", try it anyway, you may surprise yourself!

    looking forward to your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's mine:
    skipping waves
    Absolutely love these colors!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that color combo....will have to get to this one as soon as i put my room back together...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layouts. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Here's my take: http://heatherhatanpa.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-made-this-layout-for-color-combo.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can see my LO here:
    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1345856
    TFL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all! Really wanted to do a boy page with these colors so I used the blue & pink as accents! Great colors!

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1345820

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone! I finally got a chance to play again last night, and when I saw this week's colors, I knew they were perfect for these photos that I'd been wanting to scrap.

    Birthday Swim

    Thanks for looking and have a great day!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, I got to play this week and on time even. Here's the link to my LO: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1346341
    Thanks for the fun inspiration, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No more slideshow??? I can't figure out how to link the other way even with your directions...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's mine for the week!

    {Bridezilla}

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful idea for a blog. Great website and wonderful inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, going to try again to get it linked right
    Brown Eyed Girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gina, your little girl is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops, forgot to post mine here on the blog - crazy week at work. Anyway, here is mine for this week ...
    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1345353&f=n TFL
    JanelleMllr

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey guys!! so happy i finally got the chance to play along - you guys rock! here's my take on that gorgeous (and a bit tricky, frankly..)color combo...

    http://paperpoppies.blogspot.com/2008/05/think.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did a second layout with the colors. Perfect for the Webster's Pages papers I have! Here it is!

    Who Could Resist

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here is my LO...again, fun colors to work with!

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&gallery=1&layout_id=1347384

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning layouts and another great combo! Here's my layout:

    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1347402

    Thanks so much for the challenge!

    Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am late in posting, but here is mine :)

    http://teenyterrors.blogspot.com/2008/06/treasure.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us this week! We love to read your comments about this Reveal!