Featured Favorites


Sign in or click to start typing!

Color Combo Challenge #218

Hello everyone again and WELCOME to another FUN challenge week at Color Combos Galore! So happy you are here, because before we get to the challenge, I am announcing the newest addition to the CCG Design Team! Please give your warmest welcome to Azumi Izuno, aka AZ and don't forget to stop by her blog afterwards and get to know her even more!



Azumi (Az) Izuno
Forever Blue
Hello everyone! This is Azumi from Japan. Please call me "AZ" :) I am really, really happy and so grateful for being here. I enjoy a full and busy life with my hubby who loves motorcycles, a 6 year old daughter, and 1 year old son. I fell in love with scrapbooking about 4 years ago. My first intention was to simply sort our family pictures out. But now, I am crazy about this wonderful hobby! I also enjoy photography and drawing illustration :) I especially like learning about photography, for it leaves me with so many pleasant memories. I am so happy to come in this fabulous team! I hope you will enjoy CCG with us!!


Thank you Az! We are just as tickled and excited to have you, your designs and style are just fantastic! WELCOME to the team! Well everyone, it's CARDS and TAGS Week. That means for this challenge you are creating those projects only. If you are a card maker, then come on down!!! Otherwise if you are looking to create Layouts, Mini-Albums and Off-the-Page projects with these colors, that challenge can be found here at Color Combos Galore Challenge #217. Now, the deadline for BOTH Challenges is February 14, 11:59pm USA/EST, So if you haven't created your page yet, there is still plenty of time!

It's National Mend a Broken Heart Month, and there's only one week left to finish our Valentine's Day cards and gift projects. With that, I give you the following Challenge, can't wait for you to see! Last week's song was so beautiful and romantic, I was going to go with another Valentines type song, but while I was staring and brainstorming over the photo, I was thinking hearts, sew....I immediately remembered one of my favorite 80's songs. I hope you enjoy it! Read the details of this week's challenge below in the Inspiration Board, I really hope you have fun with it this week!






This week’s inspiration from the Color Combos Galore Design Team...
We included some tips to help you with the Bonus Inspiration Challenge!
See how the Design Team interpreted the Inspiration Photo!

Making her debut this week...introducing Az!

1. Create the same type stitch pattern as of the inspiration photo
2. Mimic the look of washi tape with paper ribbons


1. Use vellum or other transparent/sheer element as inspired by the tape
2. Mimic the same hearts and stitches pattern with your own



1. To maintain balance, use smaller scale hearts if you are using larger embellishments
GORGEOUS PROJECTS AS ALWAYS LADIES!
Hope you enjoyed reading the Inspiration Prompts for the Inspiration Photo.
There are so many ways to read inspiration photos, so play along,
we hope you we have jump started your creativity-ness this week.
Those were a lot of  inspirational prompts,
(now it's your turn!)
Let us see your clever ideas!

Looking forward to seeing all your Valentine's Day projects! :) :)


Please read the Instructions and Guidelines here: HOW TO PLAY

Challenge ends February 14, 2012 at 11:59pm USA/EST

February's Prizes



Would you like some money back into your pocket next time you go shopping online?
Be sure to play along this month, you could win:
One $20 Certificate to the Layouts Winner
One $15 Certificate to the Cards Winner
(Winners can accept the Two Peas in a Bucket online store, or choose their own favorite shop!!)

My Page


REMINDER: To be eligible for the prize, you are required to combine both the Color Combo Challenge with the Designer’s Challenge. We encourage you to also complete the Bonus Challenge, which is to draw your own inspiration from the Inspiration Photo.. We need to know what element of the photo you were inspired by and how you applied it to your project. Only newly created projects that are made specifically for the current challenge should be uploaded. Please, no backposts. Please be aware that in all fairness to others, projects that do not adhere to these challenge rules are not eligible for the prize. Enjoy the process, have fun as you play the challenge!


In honor of the Inspiration Photo and the play on words,
This week's song for our Designer's Challenge is:

HEART AND SOUL - T'Pau
Enjoy!




DO YOU LIKE THE REVEAL AND ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!



6 comments:

  1. Hello everybody!! :D
    who's here tonight? Come say Hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Janet! Although, I'm not hearing the song/seeing the video...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. something is wrong with the buffering, YouTube is getting a lot of complaints. Going to need to begin searching for another video source. Drag the scroll button to rewind, then you get the video and sound....I hope. Let me know. I am hearing/seeing it okay now.

      Delete
  3. These cards look awesome.
    Great coloours for all those Valentine cards!!
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the DT Projects for this week's inspiration challenge are gorgeous! Will have to get motivated and give this one a try. I am so glad I found your site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us this week! We love to read your comments about this Reveal!