Featured Favorites


Sign in or click to start typing!

Color Combo Challenge #219

Hello everyone, I am always so very cheery and excited when writing my posts for the color challenges, but this time it's different. I have very sad news. My husband, and my family have been in mourning these past few weeks, sadly his youngest brother passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly. He suffered severe complications from diabetes and fell into a coma. He was gone the next day. I have never dealt with loss of a close relative. Far distanced Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents yes, but never a sibling. So this was particularly hard on me, not to mention my husband. I have appreciated your patience during this very difficult time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's been a very somber three weeks, but I am eager to resume the challenges. So, I take a deep breath, and say we need to move on.

Over the next two weeks, we will be playing with February's unposted Challenges - #219 and #220. 
This week's winner will debut as a Guest Designer 
for LAYOUTS Week on April 1st
How exciting!

Speaking of debuts and excitement....drumroll, please.....

We have another addition to the CCG Design Team! Please welcome Kay Fatula!!!!



Kay Fatula
Kay's Kreative Korner
My name is Karla but I'm better known as Kay--a nickname I rec'd in college & it simply stuck. I've loved arts/crafts my whole life. I've been drawing since the first time I picked up my first crayon. However, it wasn't until 2007 that I discovered scrapbooking & haven't looked back since. I also discovered the art of stamping--I tend to stamp my own backgrounds & create my own designs. I also enjoy doing the occasional altered art. I've altered wooden frames, wooden boxes, mini albums & have done a couple of canvases.
By day, I'm a senior level Quality Analyst working for a Fortune 100 global company. I'm married to a great guy that puts up with & supports my scrapbook & crafting addiction! I have no kids as of yet. Just one small fur-baby by the name of Toby who's my little ray of sunshine. I have two sides to me--the technical/analytical side seen by day and the crafty/artistic side seen mostly by night.

I'm looking forward to working with the CCG team & in hopefully inspiring some of you to get creative with color!

Thank you Kay, we are so honored! WELCOME to the team! I would like to invite everyone to check out Kay's blog and see all of her beautiful and stunning designs!

It's LAYOUTS Week everyone, so that means for this challenge you are creating Layouts, Mini-Albums and Altered Projects only. Stay tuned for a new Designer's Challenge using this Color Combo for CARDS on March 7. Because we are catching up with so many challenges, the deadline for BOTH aforementioned February Challenges has been EXTENDED to March 21, 11:59pm USA/EST. Woohoo! That is ANOTHER TWO WEEKS!!

This week's Inspiration Photo celebrates February 15th, National Gumdrop Day
Let's get started on this much anticipated Reveal....



The Color Combo:
deep pink - light pink - vanilla - grass green


This week’s inspiration from the Color Combos Galore Design Team...
We included some tips to help you with the added Bonus Challenge!
See how the Design Team interpreted the Inspiration Photo!

Making her debut this week...introducing Kay!

1. Use products with like patterns, as inspired by the stripes on the Gumdrop Mountain


1. Use photos taken in similar settings, as inspired by the open field


1. Use a lot of circular elements throughout your page, as inpired by the round lollipop shapes


1.  Use patterned paper that mimic the repeated swirls and patterns of the lollipops


1. Play off the game theme by using products that resemble board game pieces
GORGEOUS PROJECTS AS ALWAYS LADIES!
Hope you enjoyed reading the Inspiration Prompts for the Inspiration Photo
Now it's your turn!
There are so many ways to read inspiration photos, we invite you to use these prompts
or challenge yourself to come up with some of your own.
Let us see your clever ideas!

Looking forward to seeing all your twisted fabric and ribbon flowers! :) :)
Enter as many times as you'd like, there is no limit on how many projects you can create!


Please read the Instructions and Guidelines here: HOW TO PLAY

Challenge ends March 22, 2012 at 11:59pm USA/EST

February's Prizes


Want to add more to your cart next time you go shopping online?
Be sure to play along this month, you could win:
$20 Gift Certificate to one Layouts Winner
$15 Gift Certificate to one Cards Winner
(Winners can accept a Two Peas Gift Certificate or choose an equal amount from another online store!!)
My Page

Remember, besides the chance for this awesome prize, 
this week's individual winner will debut as Guest Designer 
for LAYOUTS Week on April 1st!


REMINDER: To be eligible for the prize, you are required to combine both the Color Combo Challenge with the Designer’s Challenge. We encourage you to also complete the Bonus Challenge, which is to draw your own inspiration from the Inspiration Photo.. We need to know what element of the photo you were inspired by and how you applied it to your project. Only newly created projects that are made specifically for the current challenge should be uploaded. Please, no backposts. Please be aware that in all fairness to others, projects that do not adhere to these challenge rules are not eligible for the prize. Enjoy the process, have fun as you play the challenge!



In honor of the Inspiration Photo and my FAVORITE Candy Man, Johnny Depp!
This week's song for our Designer's Challenge is:

CANDYMAN - by Christine Aguilera
Enjoy!




DO YOU LIKE THE REVEAL AND ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!




4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Janet! It is always difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emmy, it's so sad. He was only 32.

      Delete
  2. Love the colours as always and the Design Team have done such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fi! Glad you like the colors, and I totally agree, the girls pages are really super delish!!! BTW, loving the chat window feature, thank you so much!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting us this week! We love to read your comments about this Reveal!